I can't sleep. So I'm up. Thinking of my babes, and all of the things I'm trying to teach them, wanting them to learn. Life would be so much better for them if they can absorb these things, get them in their brains and hearts.
1. Look for ways to serve. Serve others first. You are a blessing to people. Always look for chances to bless and serve.
2. Love the Word. All of your days. All of the pages. Read it, cherish it. Do it. Love it. Know it. Respect it. It is a guide and light leading you to the life of your dreams. The promises found in it are alive and true. Find its treasure.
3. Get along. Respect each other. See God in each other.
4. Give people the benefit of the doubt. Give me the benefit of the doubt, too. I'll give it to you as well.
5. Notice the good in the day. Be thankful.
6. It is never ever wrong to pick up trash. Outside, inside, if its yours or not. Be a good steward of the world we live in.
7. Talk to adults. Look them in the eyes. This is what makes people like having you in there homes.
8. Find someone who is clean and tidy and soak it into your being how to do this. I don't know if I can teach you this, but find someone who can. And anything else that I am bad at. Someone else is getting it done. Find them and learn. It is okay with me.
9. Ride your bike or walk or run whenever possible. Do this forever. Do this with your friends.
10. Never let yourself be bored. Find something to do that means something to you and others. Make things fun.
11. Never leave a paper blank in front of you. Draw and color it. Give it life. It could be an airplane or a paperdoll with just a little effort. Give life wherever you go.
12. Tell the truth! Lying is never a good option.
13. Don't leave your work for someone else to do. Always help. If someone is working, join in.
14. If someone is playing, join in! You don't always have to do your own game. You have a sparkle that makes people feel good about themselves. Be generous with your sparkle.
15. Turn up the music! Make the music.
16. Be brave. Try new things. Meet new people. Have new ideas.
17. Brush your tongue, too.
18. Hate what is evil. Cling to what is good.
19. Remember things like umbrellas, gloves, and the dryer. Don't let cloudy days keep you inside.
20. Be humble. Say you're sorry. Be quick to forgive. Be gracious.
Know that I love being your Momma. It is my best work. I see God inside you. You are made to do something great for the Kingdom. I pray that His kingdom come in your lives and in mine as I try to guide you and teach you to love His ways.